is a privately owned website that is not owned or operated by any state government agency.
Notice is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and does not assemble or evaluate information for the purpose of supplying consumer reports.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree” you consent to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy agree not to use information provided by for any purpose under the FCRA, including to make determinations regarding an individual’s eligibility for personal credit, insurance, employment, or for tenant screening.

This website contains information collected from public and private resources. cannot confirm that information provided below is accurate or complete. Please use information provided by responsibly.

You understand that by clicking “I Agree”, will conduct only a preliminary people search of the information you provide and that a search of any records will only be conducted and made available after you register for an account or purchase a report.

Colorado Court Records is not a consumer reporting agency as defined by the FCRA and does not provide consumer reports. All searches conducted on are subject to the Terms of Service and Privacy Notice.


What Are Colorado Inmate Records?

Colorado inmate records are official records of individuals that have been incarcerated in the state as a direct consequence of violating one or more of the state’s criminal laws. Colorado inmate records are maintained at state and local levels by the Colorado Department of Corrections and the county sheriff’s offices, respectively. These records typically contain the following information:

  • The inmate’s full name;
  • The inmate’s age, ethnicity, and sex;
  • The inmate’s weight, height, hair, and eye color;
  • The inmate’s mugshot and DOC number;
  • The inmate’s current convictions;
  • The inmate’s current facility assignment;
  • The inmate’s estimated parole eligibility date and the next parole hearing date;
  • The inmate’s estimated mandatory release date;

Colorado inmate records are public records and are accessible under the Colorado Open Records Act. However, some of the information contained in these records may be deemed confidential by statutory law. Access to confidential information is restricted to authorized parties.

How To Find An Inmate In Colorado?

The Colorado Department of Corrections provides interested parties with online access to an offender search. Parties that wish to find inmates through this tool will be required to provide any of the following information:

  • The inmate’s DOC number.
  • The inmate’s first name.
  • The inmate’s last name.
  • The inmate’s gender. 

Requestors are advised to provide information in at least two of the above to filter the search results further. It should be noted that when an inmate is transferred to a new facility, this information is updated within 24 hours. 

Alternatively, interested parties may locate inmates incarcerated in a Colorado Department of Corrections facility by calling (719) 226–4880.

Interested parties may find inmates incarcerated in any county jail by contacting the relevant Colorado county sheriff’s office. Most county sheriff’s offices also provide members of the public with online search tools. Examples are:

  • The inmate search webpage provided by the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office; through this webpage, the public can perform inmate searches based on either the inmate’s last name or the inmate’s booking number.
  • The inmate lookup webpage provided by the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office; to use this tool, parties will be required to provide the inmate’s last name, first name, or booking date.

How To Find A Federal Inmate In Colorado?

The Federal Bureau of Prisons provides an inmate locator tool to find federal inmates that have been incarcerated from 1982—date. Searches via this tool may be performed either by name or number (BOP register number, DCDC number, FBI number, and INS number). The name search function also allows persons to filter results using the inmate’s middle name, race, age, and sex.

Interested parties seeking federal inmates in Colorado may also do so by contacting any of the following correctional facilities sited in the state:

FCI Englewood

9595 West Quincy Avenue

Littleton, CO 80123

Phone: (303) 763–4300

FCI Florence

5880 Hwy 67 South

Florence, CO 81226

Phone: (719) 784–9100

USP Florence - ADMAX

5880 Hwy 67 South

Florence, CO 81226

Phone: (719) 784–9464 

USP Florence - High

5880 Hwy 67 South

Florence, CO 81226

Phone: (719) 784–9454

How Do I Find Inmate Records In Colorado?

Records of inmates incarcerated in a Colorado Department of Corrections facility are available online through the offender search platform. Requestors will be required to provide the inmate’s DOC number, first name, last name, and gender. Requests for inmate records may also be made by contacting either the Colorado Department of Corrections headquarters or the particular state facility where the inmate is incarcerated.

Alternatively, interested persons may request inmate records by completing and submitting a General Records Request online form. Requestors will be required to provide their name, a return email address, and details of the records requested. The offender’s name, DOC number, and date of birth may also be provided. 

To obtain copies of an inmate’s medical records, the requestor must submit an Authorization for Use and Disclosure of Health Information or any appropriate medical release form signed by the inmate. Submissions should be made via email (for active offender medical records) or email (for history/parole medical records).

To access inmate records for individuals incarcerated in any county jail, contact the local sheriff’s office where the jail is located. Note that obtaining copies of inmate records may cost a fee.

Records that are considered public may be accessible from some third-party websites. These websites often make searching simpler, as they are not limited by geographic location, and search engines on these sites may help when starting a search for a specific or multiple record(s). To begin using such a search engine on a third-party or government website, interested parties usually must provide:

  • The name of the person involved in the record, unless said person is a juvenile
  • The location or assumed location of the record or person involved. This includes information such as the city, county, or state that the person resides in or was accused in

Third-party sites are independent of government sources and are not sponsored by these government agencies. Because of this, record availability on third-party sites may vary.

How To Put Money On Jail Inmates Book In Colorado?

Interested parties that wish to fund the account of an inmate incarcerated in a Colorado Department of Corrections facility may do so through any of the following methods:

  • Online or over the phone via a credit or debit card
  • In-person cash deposits in several locations

The Department of Corrections does not accept money orders or cash deposits made via mail. Payments into an inmate’s account must be made through electronic fund transfers. To this effect, the Colorado Department of Corrections is currently partnered with three financial services companies to aid interested parties in making these payments:

  • JPay – This method requires the depositor to create a user account. This is done using the DOC ID number of the inmate whose account is to be funded. Cash deposits through this service may also be made at MoneyGram locations across the country.

To use MoneyGram, provide a valid ID and complete a blue ExpressPayment form using “6556” as the receive code. Also, use the inmate’s DOC ID and the inmate’s last name (with no spaces in-between) as the account number.

Cash or credit/debit card deposits can also be made in some Colorado Department of Corrections facilities through a kiosk available in the lobbies. Note that JPay will charge a service fee for each transaction. This fee is calculated based on the deposit amount and transfer method. Queries on this service should be directed to (800) 574–5729.

  • Western Union – Inmate accounts can be funded online through this service by creating an account. Alternatively, depositors may pay cash at any Western Union location. To make a payment, provide the inmate’s account number, code city, state, and ‘pay to’ information. The following data should be used to complete the required fields:
  • Pay to - “Colorado Dept. Corrections”
  • Code City - “CODOC”
  • State—”CO”
  • Inmate’s Account Number—The inmate’s DOC number and last name, with no spaces in-between
  • GTL – This method also requires creating an account and making payments through a debit or credit card from MasterCard or Visa. Note that each GTL transaction must not exceed $300. A service fee is also charged, which is dependent on the amount being deposited. Queries should be directed to (877) 650–4249. 

Deposits using any of these methods made before 4:00 p.m. are generally available to the inmate within 24 hours.

It is important to note that inmates are not allowed to receive, send, or solicit funds from other inmates’ relatives or visitors. However, inmates with common immediate family members may apply to their facilities’ custody/control manager for an exception to be made in their case.

Queries related to funding a Colorado Department of Corrections’ inmate’s account may be directed to the Inmate Bank office at (719) 269–4271.

Family, friends, and other interested parties that wish to fund the account of an inmate in a county jail may do so by contacting the sheriff’s office in the county where the jail is located.

  • Criminal Records
  • Arrests Records
  • Warrants
  • Driving Violations
  • Inmate Records
  • Felonies
  • Misdemeanors
  • Bankruptcies
  • Tax & Property Liens
  • Civil Judgements
  • Federal Dockets
  • Probate Records
  • Marriage Records
  • Divorce Records
  • Death Records
  • Property Records
  • Asset Records
  • Business Ownership
  • Professional Licenses
  • And More!